Take a quick DANTES sample test with our FREE DANTES practice sample questions! These are a quick preview of what kind of information you'll be studying in our DSST Study Guide for this subject. You can also use these DANTES sample test questions to gauge how ready you are to take your DANTES test. How do you know when you are ready? A good way to tell is when you can flip open our DANTES study guide, put your finger on a page, any page, and be able to define and explain what it is you're pointing out. That takes effort. Studying for a DSST test does take effort, but based on your previous and current experience, there may be DANTES tests that you can take with little or no study. Taking a practice DANTES test can tell you if you are ready, it can give you an idea of the content of the DANTES test, it can tell you how difficult or easy your DANTES test will be.
Still learning about DANTES tests or you need more information than just a DANTES sample test? Visit our New Student Center to get a great overview of where to start.
World Religions DANTES Practice Test
1) This religious orientation desires a union with a reality greater than oneself.
2) Sikhs and Hindus share which belief system?
B) Living gurus
D) Caste systems
3) During the Roman Empire, which community of Jews fled to the wilderness due to apocalyptic visions?
4) In the 19th Century, which movement believed that the source of understanding came from emotion or intuition rather than reason?
5) Which of these is not the name of a main type of Shinto shrine
A) Shrines of local significance that house the kami of the locality
B) Inari Shrines
C) Izumo Shrines
6) What are Jews in Spain called?
A) Sephardi Jews
B) Shekina Jews
C) Amoraim Jews
D) None of the above
7) What was the first sect to embrace Zionism?
D) All embraced it equally
8) Who is the founder of Sikhism?
9) Muhammad believed that the highest point of jihad is
A) The Holy War to spread Islam across the world
B) The struggle over one’s wealth
C) The striving for good by studying Islam and the sciences
D) The striving of the soul for purification
10) This is the term for the Sikh sect that focuses on asceticism
DSST Practice Test Answer Key:
- A:) Mystical.
- C:) Reincarnation.
- C:) Essenes.
- B:) Romanticism.
- D:) Haiden.
- A:) Sephardi Jews. Sephardi is essentially translated as Spain.
- B:) Orthodox. The Orthodox Jews were the first to embrace Zionism.
- B:) Nanak. Nanak received a vision from God after which he began to preach.
- D:) The striving of the soul for purification.
- C:) Nirankari.